Marriage to Immigrants – Can an Immigration Attorney Help?


Marriage to Immigrants – Can an Immigration Attorney Help?

A green card marriage visa is a union between a US citizen and an alien who would ordinarily be ineligible for citizenship due to being unmarried. This status is given by the US federal government for certain types of people. Some of these are immigrants, minors with particular abilities or relatives with permanent residence in the United States. Green card acceptance for spouses of US citizens is also given to legal permanent residents of United States. Green card processing times take longer because the procedure is based on risk.

An immigrant with marriage green card cannot be granted an immigrant visa until he or she is approved for advance parole. The immigrant can apply for an immigrant visa for the spouse or children coming to the United States together. The US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) grants immigrant visas to spouses who can provide proof of marriage to their American partner. Evidence of marriage can be given either through a marriage certificate or a signed marriage certificate from the principal applicant. Sometimes this proof is not available from the principal applicant. When the marriage Marriage Green Card certificate isn’t available, the applicant must provide documentary evidence such as a notarized copy of the marriage certificate or a birth certificate for the principal applicant.

An immigrant with marriage green card who wishes to bring his or her family along may also apply for an immigrant L-1 visa or an immigrant L visa by applying to the Department of State’s Bureau of Immigration and Customs. There are different programs available for spouses of United States citizens or immigrants who are eligible for naturalization as either an immigrant or non-immigrant. An immigrant with a green card may have to obtain an immigrant visa in order to host an immediate relative, including himself or herself. Sponsoring a direct relative requires a signed I visa application.

Permanent resident status (green card) is achieved through the conclusion of a legal permanent resident program. To achieve this status, an immigrant must initially enter the United States legally by coming through an airport or landing on an air or sea vessel. After arriving in the USA, the immigrant must be eligible for entry as an immigrant, dependent upon their entry status and if he or she’s married or not. After attaining the legal permanent resident status, the immigrant may apply for adjustment of status, known as adjustment of status.

The lawful immigrant may also submit an application for adjustment of status if he or she becomes bankrupt, has a serious medical condition or has divorced or separated his or her spouse. They must not have been allowed deportation relief while the application was pending. An immigrant cannot change his or her status if he or she has entered the country illegally by having purchased or otherwise obtained real property without making sure the property was legally purchased. Immigrants can’t change their status if they’ve become a public charge such as a dependent or criminal. He or she can’t change status when the period of legally practicing the profession ends unless he or she first requests that change.

There are two methods used to adjust status. The applicant can go through the naturalization process, also referred to as the visa process, or he or she can file for an immigrant visa, also known as the green card procedure. Immigration benefits are awarded to legal permanent residents and their spouses who fulfill the prerequisites for achieving green card status. Two of the requirements are that the applicants should have reached age eighteen years; they must be physically capable of performing the duties required of an immigrant, and they need to have an intention to return to India or remain in India permanently.

Each year, a certain number of qualified candidates will be selected to appear at the interview part of the naturalization process. Applicants may apply for green card by completing the application at any US consulate or embassy abroad, or they may apply online at the nearest U.S. consulate. During the interview component of the process, applicants should provide documentary evidence that they meet all of the eligibility requirements. When interviewed, a consular officer will analyze the documents provided and determine whether the candidates qualify to apply for a green card.

If the applicants do qualify, they will be given an application that they need to file with the US Department of State. It’s very important to not forget that once a green card application is filed in the wrong way, it may not be processed . Because of this, an immigrant visa might not be issued, or the marriage between the foreign spouse and US citizen won’t be legalized. For this reason, it’s very important for anybody who wants to adjust status to consult an immigration lawyer, who will represent them before the USCIS, or immigration judges.